The School of Education at the University at Albany is recognized by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) as an approved sponsor for Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) for classroom teachers, school leaders, and Level III teaching assistants. The School of Education, through the Academy for the Advancement of Teaching, Leadership, and Schools (AATLAS), offers programming that is designed to expand the professional skills and content and pedagogical knowledge of teachers and leaders that improves performance for all students.
All AATLAS programming is industry-aligned, research-based, and promotes the professionalization of teaching and educational leadership, which supports and is aligned with school and district goals for student performance. AATLAS offerings are available online, face-to-face, blended format, or customized based on the specific needs of the school or district.
Every five years, all professionally certified teachers, leaders, and Level 3 teaching assistants certificate holders are required to complete 100 hours of professional development by a NYSED approved provider like AATLAS. This requirement replaces the 2016 175-hour PD requirement. If a certificate holder does not complete all 100 professional development hours within their five-year registration period, they will not be registered by the NYSED and should not practice at a school until they are registered or conditionally registered.
Please visit the NYSED website or consult your district professional development coordinator to learn more on CTLE requirements. For additional information, please visit https://aatlased.org/ or contact Dr. Jerry Rivera-Wilson, Director of Professional Development and Continuing Education.
Beginning August 12, if you would like to receive Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) Credit for your edTrends participation and attendance, you will need to:
- Register to participate in an edTrends Session.
- Pay the corresponding fee of $10 at epay
- Complete the post survey within 30 days of the session to be eligible for CTLE.
After 5 paid CTLE sessions, you are eligible to receive free CTLE voucher code to use at a future edTrends session. Please email your request for your future voucher from AATLAS.
Questions and Comments should be directed to Dr. Jerry Rivera-Wilson at (518) 442-5028 or via email
To receive Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE) hours for your UAlbany in the High School participation and attendance, you will need to:
- Register and attend a UAlbany in the HS Workshop.
- Pay the corresponding fee of $35 at epay
- Complete the post survey and CLTE form (will be emailed after survey has been completed) within 15 days of the workshop to be eligible for CTLE.
Questions should be directed to Dr. Jerry Rivera-Wilson via email or at (518) 442-5028
Payment by Check or Purchase Order:
- Payee: University at Albany
- Mailing Address: University at Albany, Attn: Penny Strobeck, Dean’s Office, Catskill 291, School of Education, Albany, NY 12222
- Telephone Number: 518-442-4998
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Education
AATLAS, Catskill Building
1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222