New Visions for Public Schools is Free Open-Source Curriculum Materials By and For Teachers.
New Visions creates high-quality instructional resources that meet the highest learning standards and can easily be tailored based on the individual needs of students. The mission is to provide teachers with foundational curriculum that they can use to make decisions at the course, unit, or lesson level. Their team of instructional coaches, made up of master teachers, collaborating with New York City classroom teachers, has designed comprehensive curricula in core content areas like high school mathematics, social studies, and science.
Their curricular frameworks can be adopted wholesale by schools and districts; or, teachers can choose the resources that work best for them. Arranged in full-course format (like “U.S. History” and “Living Environment”), their curricular resources include:
- Full scope-and-sequence instructional materials, with content aligned to New York State Core Standards and appropriate for courses terminating with New York State Regents Examinations;
- Instructional guidance around use of activities, such as group learning routines;
- Pacing calendar to guide your daily classroom decisions;
- Formative and summative assessment tools that offer students and teachers feedback on their progress;
- Materials for supporting students learning English as a new language and students with disabilities.